SAN FRANCISCO—The Nuclear Energy Institute has re-elected W. Gary Gates, president and chief executive officer of the Omaha Public Power District, for another term as chairman of its board of directors. NEI also re-elected William D. Johnson, chairman, president and CEO of Progress Energy Inc., as vice chairman of the board.
NEI also has elected two new members and re-elected two members to its board of directors. Two new members were elected to the board’s executive committee joining six members who were re-elected.
The newly elected members of NEI’s executive committee, which sets broad policy for the industry, are:
• Henry B. “Brew” Barron, president, CEO and chief nuclear officer, Constellation Energy Nuclear Group, and
• Michael W. Rencheck, chief operating officer, AREVA Inc.
Re-elected to the executive committee are:
• Anthony Alexander, president and CEO, FirstEnergy Corp.;
• David Christian, CEO, Generation, Dominion Generation;
• Christopher Crane, president and CEO, Exelon Corp.;
• Anthony Earley Jr., chairman and CEO, DTE Energy Co.;
• James Rogers Jr., chairman, president and CEO, Duke Energy Corp.; and
• Richard Smith, president and CEO, Entergy Corp.
Newly elected to the NEI board of directors are:
• Val Christensen, president and CEO, EnergySolutions LLC, and
• Chris Tye, senior vice president, nuclear power, Fluor Corp.
The re-elected board members are:
• Gerald Grandey, president and CEO, Cameco Corp., and
• Kirk Schnoebelen, president and CEO, Urenco, Inc.
Executives from all companies that hold licenses to operate nuclear power plants and selected representatives of other companies involved in commercial nuclear technologies are members of the NEI board of directors. Members of the board and its executive committee typically serve three-year terms, and officers are elected annually.
The following NEI officers were re-elected:
• Marvin S. Fertel, president and CEO;
• Anthony R. Pietrangelo, senior vice president and chief nuclear officer;
• Phyllis M. Rich, senior vice president and chief financial officer;
• Alex Flint, senior vice president;
• Alex Marion, Richard J. Myers, J. Scott Peterson and Douglas J. Walters, vice presidents;
• Ellen C. Ginsberg, vice president and secretary; and
• Lisa I. Steward, assistant secretary.